Sorry for the slow updates… To all those worried the Mosaic Project had come to a close, fear not. The project is very much alive, I’ve just been devoting my time to creating a “kit”, for the public. This has certainly been a lot slower than I anticipated, but I am making some headway.
Anyway, my girlfriend grew a little tired of “Magic Skull,” so we put together a new, random mosaic using the same pieces. I’m pretty happy with the result – especially considering it only took about 15 minutes between the 2 of us.
If you’ve been following the blog, you’ll notice this actually a different base. I’ll explain the differences in a later post, but for now I wanted to share the test mosaic I put together to verify that the new design actually worked. The verdict: works great!
Update: Magic Skull was recently featured on SkullaDay.com. A very well named blog, Skull A Day features a new image of a skull-related work of art on a daily basis. Very creative site that’s been at it for years. Thanks for featuring my project!
Happy memorial day! I had this one planned for a while but I needed a lot more black tiles. This one also was a little difficult to assemble. I pretty much needed to go pixel by pixel – very few big blocks of colors.
It’s been a while, but I think this Contra mural is worth the wait. Instead of the usual slide show, I wanted to try my hand at movie making. It’s not the best, but at least I could control the transition times. More pictures to come.
It’s been a while since my last post. I spent the past week testing out a new base – which unfortunately didn’t work out. Because I ran out of wall space I had to remove “Duck Hunt” – which was really a shame. Once I put the old base back up, I filled it up quickly with this somewhat abstract design – which turned out a lot cooler than I expected.