Monthly Archives: March 2011

Megaman

My favorite so far… I have since fixed the eyes based on some feedback from the experts. It took about 45 minutes to convert from Mario to Megaman. I took one picture midway through the transformation.

Posted in 8 Bit Sprites, Mosaics | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Zelda’s Link

Everyone’s favorite elf.  It turned out great! Based from an image I found here.

Posted in 8 Bit Sprites, Mosaics, Mosiac Project, Prototype 1 | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Mario-Redux

Finally got the colors right!  I recreated Mario on the new Metal base boards

Posted in 8 Bit Sprites, Mosaics, Prototype 2 | Tagged , , , , , | 2 Comments

Prototype 2

The Foam Core/ Flexiron base was a success from a functionality standpoint.  However, the time it takes to cut the flex iron into pieces and stick them on the board is not insignificant.  The obvious alternative is to simply use … Continue reading

Posted in Mosiac Project, Prototype 2, Uncategorized | Tagged , | 3 Comments

Pixel Factory

I have a ton of ideas for different mosaics.   Unfortunatley, new ideas usually requires new color which means I need to start up the Pixel Factory again.  I’ve got this down to somewhat of a science now… “Brown Mustard” (Mario) … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Space Invaders

I’ll spare the details, but I made another trip to Home Depot,  got some more paint samples and painted some a few new batches of squares.  Because the first Mario’s colors were kind of weird, I wanted to change it … Continue reading

Posted in 8 Bit Sprites, Mosaics | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

First Incarnation of Mario

Now that I have a decent stock of colored tiles, I started work on my first 4×4′ 8-bit sprite.  I always planned to use the original Mario for my first legit piece.  I found a good reference image on DeviantArt … Continue reading

Posted in 8 Bit Sprites, Mosaics, Mosiac Project, Prototype 1 | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment